Thursday, October 29, 2009

Choose Now, @thehour






I will still serve You-
Though I might run out of words
I know words get in the way.
When emotions are entangled
I am no automaton,
I am no slave.
I am no slave-driver.
I will still serve You-

When the little devil that hides
spews a spittle of hateful lies
from the dark corners of brittle little minds
With Hope and
Faith and Love,
like a little child lost,
I will still serve You-

I will have lost my reason(s)
I will despise my own logic
I may live to see all the seasons
and I will live them for You if You will-

I will have turned my back on the answers
Stuck my hand through the plaster
Known the rebuke of my Master's long-simmering Rage


For those who will not see or even
choose now not to hear
Not for them but for You do I fear

I will still serve You.

No comments: