Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wounded Heels

I've been expecting you
Not to like me
So, go ahead and surprise me
If that's the thing you think
You can do
And I learned a long time ago
When you love someone let 'em go
So why am I
Still holding on to you?

I'm walking on wounded heels
I'm shooting myself in the foot again
Drifting in and out of what you might call sleep
But what the hell would you know
'bout what it's like to be me

I've been expecting you
To be just like me
And I know that it's unfair
And it does not surprise me
That you are and I am not who I used to be

I'm walking on wounded heels
Shooting myself in the foot again
And every now and then when
I forget to breathe
I lose myself at the intersection of
you and me

She's outside watering flowers
I'm hiding my self-denial
And she looks at me with disgust through a wire from
1000 miles away
And I guess you never know
What you have

Until you lose it

No comments: