Saturday, January 30, 2010

Can Kicking

It may well be in whispers
but the story will be told-
No more kickin' the can down the road

You can print it in italics
Shit, print it in bold-
There will be by me no more
kickin' the can down the road

Problems will crop up on their own,
sure, as we know, but
denial's misfortune is my wisdom foretold-
Each day's trouble is sufficient to it's own
No more kickin' the can down the road

I used to claim genius,
dressed for the job I would have in time-
Little did I know it was the job I held at the time.
I do it today-
I'll be at work the day I die

I hear you say recognize me;
funny, I don't look the same-
If you knew my face, you can be sure
I don't know your name

It may well be in whispers,
yelled or telephone sold...
but the story will be told-
There will be by me no more...
no more kickin the can down the road.

No comments: