Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Heal

Heal,
Though I know sickness
I cry out to this world
Feel this piece as you cross the gate
Remember me as you enter
These aren’t words I doubt to speak
Dare me to be a thief?
The lies of death by light revealed
All is all that I once feared
My need for love became my grief
My love for you my only greed
As a playwright
I may play, right?
I store my treasures
Don’t laugh at my receipts-

These are words I doubt to speak

So, shadow man?
You are me
Everywhere the devil is found nailed down to wounded beauty
And indecision leads me but
Your smile always saves me
Momma, I dumbfound me so
Let’s pack up and go home

(we got caught up running in sand again)

Heal though I know no sickness
I cry out to this world
Feel this piece as you cross the gate
And kick the dust off of my boots as I leave

No comments: